Dialogue with the communities
On 25 June, in Atri, in the province of Teramo, we will be meeting the citizens of the municipalities of Montorio al Vomano, Basciano, Cellino Attanasio, Atri, Morro D’oro and Roseto degli Abruzzi to talk about the plan for the new “Cellino Attanasio – Roseto” power line and the expansion of the electrical substation in Teramo with 380 kV and 132 kV connections. It is an important opportunity to share the reasons for the project, which will improve the security and quality of the transmission service. Terna will present the project and listen to the comments and concerns of the citizens, responding to questions from the local communities.
The 132 kV Adriatic backbone to the north of Pescara is supplied by a few transformer stations which are not able to effectively meet the electricity requirements. For this reason, it is necessary to create a second supply route to the high voltage Adriatic backbone, while also improving the security and quality of the electricity transmission service.
The project includes works in two areas:
- Expansion of the Teramo Electrical Substation and 380 kV and 132 kV connections.
- New 132 kV “Cellino Attanasio – Roseto” single-circuit power line.
of new underground lines
of old power lines demolished
The expected benefits of the new work include:
- Reduced energy losses due to grid transport thanks to more efficient use of the electricity transmission system;
- Increased reliability and reduction in energy not supplied;
- Greater efficiency and resilience of the local electricity grid.